Do you know how foreign customers choose Chinese pipe fittings suppliers?
I. What are Foreign Buyers Thinking When selecting a New Pipe Fittings Supplier?
- Supplier Type (Factory, Trading Company, Sourcing Agent, Freight Forwarder & QC)
- Credibility & Reputation,Age, Specialism
- Honesty and Integrity
- Easonable Price
- High Quality
- Good Communication
- Ease of Doing Business
- Quality Certifications (ISO, CE etc.)
- Familiarity withthe Export Market and Economic Situation
II. Where do Foreign Buyers look for pipe fittings Suppliers? How is each Platform used?
- Global Sources
- DH Gate
- International Tradeshows
- Trade Showdirectory Sites
- Google Search
- Social Mediarecommendations
III. Steps to Improving Communication with Foreign Buyers.
- Get used to scheduling initial & follow-up videocalls to establish buyer’s rapport. Whatsapp | Wechat | Skype | Zoom
- Answer email & Alichat inquiries promptly – Delayed Responses > Lost Customer
- Quick phone call always better than email (Ideally have the customer available on Whatsapp or Wechat to speed things up).
- Take time to learn about their business, Who,When, What Products/Markets?
- Be clear and direct, if the answer is no, say no,don’t say yes or maybe or its difficult.
- If your customer complains about sample quality,stop saying final production will be better.
– What’s the solution?
- Better to under promise & over deliver thanthe inverse.
- Stop calling your customers dear.
- Don’t solicit people who have not contacted youfirst and STOP EMAIL SPAMMING!
IV. Performance Enhancements to Apply in your Business to be Perceived as a Credible Supplier.
– Meeting your Customer Expectations VS Reality
- Be honest and clear with your customers about lead times, if you know your/Partner Factory is busy don’t understatelead times better clarify the reality.
- If you can’t make a quality product within acertain price range don’t accept the order & deliver inferior quality just to get the contract.
- If you know a particular product has quality issues, be transparent.
- Be clear on what aspects of your production are outsourced
– Most foreign buyers think everything is done “in house”.
- Prepare all relevant documents early on to avoiddelays (Double check these to ensure accuracy, order spec. packing lists ETC).
- Don’t pretend to understand something if you’renot clear on it, make sure everything is specified down to the smallest details.
- Avoid going in cheap and then finding ways to cutcorners to recover margins this will always end with issues at the qc stage.
V. The 10 stages of the buying process and How best to deal with them.
- CONTRACTS (MOU, NNN, SALES AGREEMENT)
- PURCHASE ORDER
- PROFORMA INVOICE
- QC STAGES
VI. What do Foreign Buyers fear most when dealing with pipe fittings suppliers?
- Difficulty of finding a reliable supplier they can work with long-term.
- Companies with high staff turnovers where the buyer can’t always maintain communication with the same sales person.
- Getting scammed by a company (buyer’s responsibility).
- Waiting 25-45 days for production only to find major Quality defects that require rework.
- Delayed production or shipping.
- Having supplier try to compete with them on theexact same product directly in Local Foreign markets & undercutting prices.
- Having the supplier selling their product tocompetitors.
- Displaying a customers product at trade shows, on their website or Alibaba/Taobao.
VII. What does the perfect pipe fittings supplier look like?
- Honour your agreements and contracts.
- Accept strict contractual clauses from your buyers.
- Not giving away trade/product secrets to other customers.
- Does not directly try to compete in local markets.
- Under-promise and Over deliver.
- Offer better payment terms compared to competitors.
- Ensure products are of a high quality before QC inspections.
- Agree to re-workdefects quickly with minimal discussion.
- Maintains regular communication with buyer.
- Give buyer new product suggestions from your/partner factory.
VIII. How to improve your image as a potential pipe fittings supplier?
- Educate buyers politely who you feel may be inexperienced or may have overlooked certain aspects of a product.
- Be willing to offer advice if you notice a buyercould perhaps make improvements to a product or offering.
- Differentiate yourself from your competition:explain to buyers clearly why you are a better choice vs your competitors.
- Responding quickly and sending out quotation and samples quickly.
IX. Opportunities of Joint Ventures with Foreign Companies.
- Equity Joint Ventures with Foreign Companies.
- Royalty Agreements.
- Offering Goods on Consignment.
- Exclusivity Agreements on New Products.
Source: China Pipe Fittings Manufacturer – Yaang Pipe Industry (www.steeljrv.com)
(Yaang Pipe Industry is a leading manufacturer and supplier of nickel alloy and stainless steel products, including Super Duplex Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings, Stainless Steel Pipe. Yaang products are widely used in Shipbuilding, Nuclear power, Marine engineering, Petroleum, Chemical, Mining, Sewage treatment, Natural gas and Pressure vessels and other industries.)
If you want to have more information about the article or you want to share your opinion with us, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please notice that you might be interested in the other technical articles we’ve published:
- Dimensions of Pipe Fittings
- Specifications of Steel Pipe Fittings
- Development trend of high pressure pipe fittings
- How to test pipe fitting
- What is Pipe fitting
- Specifications of Steel Pipe Fittings
- What are Outlet Pipe Fittings
- Industrial Standards of Pipe Fittings
- What are forged pipe fittings
- What are pipe fittings