How to remove rusted bearings, bolts and screws? These five tips will get you all done!
This paper summarizes the causes of bearing rust and five methods to remove the rusty bearing. It not only cures the symptoms, but also cures the root cause. Finally, it also shares 3 tips to help the bearing to bid farewell to the trouble of rust. Let’s see if these little knowledge can be used in your daily work.
When the bearing is seriously rusted, it is difficult to use a wrench to screw it down. Therefore, the workers will use various methods, such as knocking, dripping, burning, punching, welding, bubbling, etc. Many masters use a hammer to do it, and some use cutting machine.
The causes of bearing corrosion are caused by various internal and external factors
- 1. Metal surface finish (oxygen concentration difference battery corrosion).
- 2. The chemical composition and structure of metal material itself.
- 3. The composition and pH value of the solution in contact with the metal surface.
- 4. Ambient temperature and humidity.
- 5. Various environmental media in contact with metal surface.
- 6. Human sweat is the cause of bearing corrosion, its pH value is 5 ~ 6. Therefore, in order to prevent hand perspiration from causing corrosion, the installation and production personnel should wear gloves and do not touch the bearing with hands.
Today’s editor summed up a few tips for you to easily solve the problems of bearing, bolt, screw and rust.
First move: with the help of nut breaker.
Nut breaker is a special tool for cutting and removing corroded nuts that cannot be removed. It is composed of a hydraulic cylinder, a cutter and a tool holder. It adopts the form of a single acting return hydraulic cylinder to cut the nut into two halves at one time. It does not damage the thread and screw, and can be used continuously. It can effectively solve the problem of disassembly and replacement of bolts and nuts.
- Open the oil filling plug, fill the manual oil pump tank with hydraulic oil, and close the unloading valve;
- Put the head hole of the cutter into the nut to be broken, and put it straight and flat;
- Press the manual oil pump to push the cleaver out to the nut. When the cleaver pushes in half of the nut, press the hand pump carefully to avoid excessive force. The cleaver quickly splits the nut and damages the bolt thread;
- When the crack sound of “bell” is heard, it means that the nut has been broken, that is, it stops pressing;
- After unscrewing the unloading valve, the cleaver returns to its original position, and the cleaver is removed.
Second move: repair artifact with thread.
How to repair it? Let’s take a look first.
To dissect and have a look.
Adjustment and clamping
One turn, one more turn.
All right, all right.
If you want to buy, you can find a universal treasure.
Third move: with the help of bolt chamfering tool.
It chamfers damaged and corroded bolts. Let’s take a look at the following example:
Wow, no matter how powerful the wrench is, it doesn’t seem to help!
Take a look at the following, use this legendary tool to reverse the corner.
After that, you should understand. Here are three examples:
On site rusty bolts, chamfers, nuts.
How to chamfer two bolts with different diameters.
Fourth move: use diluosong.
Drop screw loose is a kind of liquid chemical agent, which acts on the contact surface of screw parts and tools and increases the friction force to achieve the effect of increasing the screwing force. After use, the friction can be increased by 500 times, more than enough to deal with the general dead screw. If combined with rust remover, lubricant and other complementary use, the effect will be more significant.
This is a kind of magic liquid on the tall, just a drop, easy to screw out the broken screw or other parts!
Fifth move: remove rusty nuts by induction heating.
This method is easy to operate and suitable for disassembly or installation of various metal parts, such as driving parts, bearings, bearing seats, gears, bolts, nuts, pipe fittings and small parts. It is widely used in narrow space. Moreover, it can accurately heat the local area, so that the area outside the heated workpiece still maintains the original temperature; while the heated workpiece will expand and loosen, which is convenient for disassembly or installation. Especially for bolts and nuts, this is the most ideal solution.
Finally, I give you three tips to prevent bearing from rusting.
1. Immersion method
Some small bearings are immersed in antirust grease, and the thickness of oil film can be achieved by controlling the temperature or viscosity of antirust grease. A method for adhering a layer of antirust grease on the surface of the coating.
2. Brushing method
When brushing, pay attention to apply evenly on the surface of Yunfan bearing to avoid accumulation and leakage.
3. Spray method
Some large scale antirust materials are not suitable for oil painting by immersion method. Generally, the filtered compressed air with pressure of about 0.7MPa is used for spraying in the air clean place. Spray method is suitable for solvent dilution antirust oil or thin layer antirust oil. This method must adopt perfect fire prevention and labor protection measures.
Source: China Fasteners Manufacturer – Yaang Pipe Industry (www.steeljrv.com)
(Yaang Pipe Industry is a leading manufacturer and supplier of nickel alloy and stainless steel products, including Super Duplex Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings, Stainless Steel Pipe. Yaang products are widely used in Shipbuilding, Nuclear power, Marine engineering, Petroleum, Chemical, Mining, Sewage treatment, Natural gas and Pressure vessels and other industries.)
If you want to have more information about the article or you want to share your opinion with us, contact us at [email protected]