Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 330 (UNS N08330/W.Nr. 1.4886)
What is Incoloy 330?
Incoloy 330 (UNS N08330) is a nickel-iron-chromium austenitic alloy, specially used in high temperature environment Oxidation and carburization. The nickel content of 34%-37% makes the material highly resistant to chloride stress corrosion cracking and sigma phase precipitation embrittlement. The material is processed through standard processing procedures for stainless steel and nickel alloys. It is widely used for anti-corrosion in the environment of combined heating and carburizing.
Designated as UNS N08330 or DIN W.Nr. 1.4886, Incoloy 330 (also known as “Alloy 330”) is an iron-nickel-chromium alloy with deliberately controlled addition of silicon to improve its oxidation resistance. It has a solid solution composition and is not hardenable by heat treatment. The high nickel and chromium contents provide excellent resistance to oxidation and carburization. Alloy 330 has very good high-temperature strength and corrosion resistance, as well as excellent workability and weldability. It is mainly used for industrial heating furnaces, muffles, flare tips, alloy gridss, bar baskets, gas turbine components, boiler fixtures, and other high-temperature components.
Chemical Composition Requirements of Incoloy 330 (UNS N08330/W.Nr. 1.4886)
|The Chemical Composition of Incoloy 330, %|
Physical Properties of Incoloy 330 (UNS N08330/W.Nr. 1.4886)
|Density||Melting Range||Specific Heat||Permeability|
|g/cm3||lb/in3||°F||°C||J/kg.°C||@ 200 oersteds|
Mechnaical Properties of Incoloy 330 (UNS N08330/W.Nr. 1.4886)
|Tensile Strength||Yield Strength||Elongation|
Mechanical properties in annealed state at room temperature:
|Ultimate tensile strength, ksi (MPa)||80-85 (552-586)|
|0.2% conditional yield strength, ksi (MPa)||30-43 (207-296)|
|Two inches elongation%||40-45|
|Hardness, Rockwell B grade||70-85|
High temperature mechanical properties, tensile properties of annealed materials:
Incoloy 330 (N08830) nickel-based alloy specific heat:
- (1): 0.11 BTU/lb/°F (32-212 °F) (British heat/lb/Fahrenheit).
- (2): 460 Joules/kg/°C (0-100°C) (Joules/kg/°C).
Incoloy 330 (N08830) nickel-based alloy permeability:
- 1.02 at 70°F/20°C (RT).
Product Forms and Standards
|Bars and shapes||ASTM B511|
|Billets and bars||ASTM B512|
|Seamless pipes and tubes||ASTM B535, B829|
|Weld pipes and tubes||ASTM B546, B710, B739|
|Plates, sheets and strips||ASTM B536|
|Welded fittings||ASTM B366|
|Forging||SAE AMS 5716|
Variety specifications and supply status of Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 330 (UNS N08330/W.Nr. 1.4886):
Yaang Pipe Industry can produce various specifications of Incoloy330 seamless pipe, Incoloy330 steel plate, Incoloy330 round bar, Incoloy330 forgings, Incoloy330 flange, Incoloy330 pipe fittings, Incoloy330 welded pipe , Incoloy330 steel strip, Incoloy330 wire and supporting welding materials.
- Seamless pipe: solid solution + acid white, length can be set;
- Plate: solid solution, pickling, trimming;
- Welded pipe: solid solution acid white + RT% flaw detection;
- Forging: annealing + car polish; Bars are forged and rolled, surface polished or car polished;
- Strips are delivered after cold rolling, solid solution soft state, and deoxidized;
- Wire rods are finely ground in solid solution pickled disk or straight strips, solid solution straight strips Delivery in light state.
Source: China Incoloy 330 Flanges Manufcturer – Yaang Pipe Industry (www.steeljrv.com)
(Yaang Pipe Industry is a leading manufacturer and supplier of nickel alloy and stainless steel products, including Super Duplex Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings, Stainless Steel Pipe. Yaang products are widely used in Shipbuilding, Nuclear power, Marine engineering, Petroleum, Chemical, Mining, Sewage treatment, Natural gas and Pressure vessels and other industries.)
If you want to have more information about the article or you want to share your opinion with us, contact us at email@example.com
Please notice that you might be interested in the other technical articles we’ve published:
- Super austenitic stainless steel: 254SMO (UNS S31254，F44，1.4547)
- Nickel Alloy: Hastelloy C-276 (UNS N10276)
- Nickel Alloy: Monel 400 (UNS N04400)
- Austenitic Stainless Steel: 904L (UNS N08904)
- Nickel Alloy: Nickel 200 (UNS N02200)/Nickel 201 (UNS N02201)
- Nickel-based super alloy: inconel 625 (UNS N06625/W.Nr. 2.4856)
- Nickel-based super alloy: hastelloy X (UNS NO6002/W.Nr 2.4665)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 800 (UNS N08800/W.Nr. 1.4876)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 800H (UNS N08810/W.Nr. 1.4958)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 825 (UNS N08825/W.Nr. 2.4858)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 20 (UNS N08020/DIN 2.4660)