Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 801 (UNS N08801) & 802 (UNS N08802)
What is Incoloy 801 & 802?
- Incoloy 801: UNS N08801, also known as “Alloy 801”;
- Incoloy 802: UNS N08802, “Alloy 802”.
Very similar to Incoloy 800, both Incoloy 801 and Incoloy 802 are iron-nickel-chromium alloys. Incoloy 801 has increased titanium additions raising the tensile and rupture strength dramatically and it has exceptional resistance to polythionic acid cracking.
N08801 stainless steel is a superaustenitic (highly alloyed) stainless steel formulated for primary forming into wrought products. Cited properties are appropriate for the annealed condition. N08801 is the UNS number for this material. Alloy 801 is the common industry name.
It has a moderately low base cost among wrought superaustenitic stainless steels. In addition, it has a fairly high tensile strength and a moderately low ductility.
The graph bars on the material properties cards below compare N08801 stainless steel to: wrought superaustenitic stainless steels (top), all iron alloys (middle), and the entire database (bottom). A full bar means this is the highest value in the relevant set. A half-full bar means it’s 50% of the highest, and so on.
Incoloy 802 offers competitive high-temperature strength capabilities because of its high carbon level and has been used extensively in sinter deck plate applications for handling abrasive, high-temperature environments. Yaang mainly supplies Incoloy 801 & 802 in the form of flange.
Chemical Composition of Incoloy 801 (UNS N08801) & 802 (UNS N08802)
|Element||Incoloy 801, %||Incoloy 802, %|
Physical Properties of Incoloy 801 (UNS N08801) & 802 (UNS N08802)
|Density||Melting Range||Specific Heat||Elastic Modulus|
Mechanical Properties of Incoloy 801 (UNS N08801) & 802 (UNS N08802)
|Tensile Strength, min.||Yield Strength, min.||Elongation, min.||Reduction in Area, min.|
*Incoloy 801 and Incoloy 802 flanges should be furnished in the conditions of oil quenched, fine grained and tempered at 426°C.
Source: China Incoloy 801 Flanges Manufcturer – Yaang Pipe Industry (www.steeljrv.com)
(Yaang Pipe Industry is a leading manufacturer and supplier of nickel alloy and stainless steel products, including Super Duplex Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings, Stainless Steel Pipe. Yaang products are widely used in Shipbuilding, Nuclear power, Marine engineering, Petroleum, Chemical, Mining, Sewage treatment, Natural gas and Pressure vessels and other industries.)
If you want to have more information about the article or you want to share your opinion with us, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please notice that you might be interested in the other technical articles we’ve published:
- Super austenitic stainless steel: 254SMO (UNS S31254，F44，1.4547)
- Nickel Alloy: Hastelloy C-276 (UNS N10276)
- Nickel Alloy: Monel 400 (UNS N04400)
- Austenitic Stainless Steel: 904L (UNS N08904)
- Nickel Alloy: Nickel 200 (UNS N02200)/Nickel 201 (UNS N02201)
- Nickel-based super alloy: inconel 625 (UNS N06625/W.Nr. 2.4856)
- Nickel-based super alloy: hastelloy X (UNS NO6002/W.Nr 2.4665)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 800 (UNS N08800/W.Nr. 1.4876)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 800H (UNS N08810/W.Nr. 1.4958)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 825 (UNS N08825/W.Nr. 2.4858)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 20 (UNS N08020/DIN 2.4660)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 330 (UNS N08330/W.Nr. 1.4886)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 925 (Alloy 925/UNS N08925)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 840 (Alloy 840/UNS S33400)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy A-286 (UNS S66286/W Nr.1.4980)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 901 (UNS N09901)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 926 (UNS N08926/W.Nr.1.4529)