Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 925 (Alloy 925/UNS N08925)
What is Incoloy 925?
Designated as UNS N08925, Incoloy 925 (also known as “Alloy 925”) is a precipitation-hardenable iron-nickel-chromium alloy with additions of molybdenum, copper, titanium and aluminum. The alloy has outstanding resistance to general corrosion, pitting, crevice corrosion, and stress-corrosion cracking in many aqueous environments, including those containing sulfides and chlorides. Incoloy 925 is used in various applications requiring a combination of high strength and corrosion resistance such as sour gas wells, oil production equipment, surface & down-hole piping components (flanges, valves, fasteners, fittings, shafts), etc.
Characteristics of Incoloy 925 (N08925) nickel-based alloy:
- Good mechanical strength and extensive corrosion resistance.
Chemical Composition Requirement
|The Chemical Composition of Incoloy 925, %|
Mechanical Properties of Incoloy 925
|Tensile Strength, min.||Yield Strength, min.||Elongation, min.||Hardness, min.|
Physical Properties of Incoloy 925
|Density||Melting Range||Specific Heat||Electrical Resistivity|
Product Forms and Standards
|Rod, bar & Wire||ASTM B805|
|Plate, sheet & strip||ASTM B872|
|Seamless pipe and tube||ASTM B983|
Application areas of nickel-based alloy incoloy 925 (Alloy 925/UNS N08925):
- Heating pipes, containers, baskets and chains used in sulfuric acid pickling plants.
- Sea water cooling heat exchanger, marine product pipeline system, acid gas environment pipeline.
- Heat exchanger, evaporator, washing, dip tube, etc. in phosphoric acid production.
- Air heat exchanger in petroleum refining.
- Food engineering, chemical process.
- Flame retardant alloy for high pressure oxygen application.
- Heat exchange tubes
- Pipe fittings
Variety specifications and supply status of Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 925 (Alloy 925/UNS N08925):
Yaang Pipe Industry can produce various specifications of Incoloy925 seamless pipe, Incoloy925 steel plate, Incoloy925 round bar, Incoloy925 forgings, Incoloy925 flange, Incoloy925 pipe fittings, Incoloy925 welded pipe , Incoloy925 steel strip, Incoloy925 wire and supporting welding materials.
- Seamless pipe: solid solution + acid white, length can be set;
- Plate: solid solution, pickling, trimming;
- Welded pipe: solid solution acid white + RT% flaw detection;
- Forging: annealing + car polish; Bars are forged and rolled, surface polished or car polished;
- Strips are delivered after cold rolling, solid solution soft state, and deoxidized;
- Wire rods are finely ground in solid solution pickled disk or straight strips, solid solution straight strips Delivery in light state.
Source: China Incoloy 925 Flanges Manufcturer – Yaang Pipe Industry (www.steeljrv.com)
(Yaang Pipe Industry is a leading manufacturer and supplier of nickel alloy and stainless steel products, including Super Duplex Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings, Stainless Steel Pipe. Yaang products are widely used in Shipbuilding, Nuclear power, Marine engineering, Petroleum, Chemical, Mining, Sewage treatment, Natural gas and Pressure vessels and other industries.)
If you want to have more information about the article or you want to share your opinion with us, contact us at email@example.com
Please notice that you might be interested in the other technical articles we’ve published:
- Super austenitic stainless steel: 254SMO (UNS S31254，F44，1.4547)
- Nickel Alloy: Hastelloy C-276 (UNS N10276)
- Nickel Alloy: Monel 400 (UNS N04400)
- Austenitic Stainless Steel: 904L (UNS N08904)
- Nickel Alloy: Nickel 200 (UNS N02200)/Nickel 201 (UNS N02201)
- Nickel-based super alloy: inconel 625 (UNS N06625/W.Nr. 2.4856)
- Nickel-based super alloy: hastelloy X (UNS NO6002/W.Nr 2.4665)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 800 (UNS N08800/W.Nr. 1.4876)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 800H (UNS N08810/W.Nr. 1.4958)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 825 (UNS N08825/W.Nr. 2.4858)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 20 (UNS N08020/DIN 2.4660)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 330 (UNS N08330/W.Nr. 1.4886)