Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy A-286 (UNS S66286/W Nr.1.4980)
What is Incoloy A-286?
Nickel-based super alloy Incoloy A-286 is Fe-25Ni-15Cr High-temperature alloy based on molybdenum, titanium, aluminum, vanadium and trace boron for comprehensive strengthening. It has high yield strength and durability and creep strength below 650℃, and has good processing plasticity and satisfactory welding performance. It is suitable for manufacturing high-temperature bearing components of aero-engines, such as turbine discs, press discs, rotor blades and fasteners, which work for a long time under 650℃. The alloy can produce deformed products of various shapes, such as discs, forgings, plates, rods, wires and ring parts. Incoloy A-286 nickel-based alloy improves the purity of the alloy, restricts the gas content, controls the content of low melting point elements, and adjusts the heat treatment system to improve the thermal strength and long-term use performance of the alloy.
An exceptional fact, alloy A286 offers the entire features of austenitic stainless steels as well as high strength. It is not sensitive to weld cracking, therefore recommended for use in the rocket engine components.
- Incoloy A-286 material grade: Incoloy A-286.
- Incoloy A-286 similar grades: A286, UNSS66286 (United States), ZbNCT25 (France), PQA286 (United States).
- Incoloy A-286 material technical standard: ASTM.
Chemical composition (%) of nickel-based alloy incoloy A-286:
- 1. The standards for cold drawn bars, round cakes and ring blanks stipulate ω (Ti) 1.80% ~ 2.35%.
- 2. Hot rolled and cold rolled plate standards stipulate that ω(B) 0.003%～0.010%, ω(Mn)≤2.00%, ω(P)≤0.020%, ω(S)≤0.015%.
- 3. The cold drawn welding wire standard stipulates that ω(Al)≤0.35%, ω(Ti)1.75%～2.35%, ω(Si)0.40%～1.00%, ω(P)≤0.020%, ω(S)≤0.015 %.
- 4. The wire standard for cold heading stipulates that ω(Ti) 1.75%～2.35%, ω(Si) 0.40%～1.00%, ω(P)≤0.025%, ω(S)≤0.020%.
- 5. The standard for hot-rolled and forged bars stipulates that ω(Cu)≤0.25%.
Heat treatment system of nickel-based alloy incoloy A-286:
The Incoloy A-286 heat treatment system specified in the Incoloy A-286 material standard is shown in Table.1; the high-quality Incoloy A-286 heat treatment system is 900℃±10℃, 1～2h, Oil cooling +750℃±10℃, 16h, air cooling.
|Material variety||Heat treatment system|
|Bars, round cakes||980～1000℃, 1～2h, oil cooling +700～720℃, 12～16h, air cooling.|
|Hot rolled plate, cold rolled plate||980～1000℃, air cooling +700～720℃, 12～16h, air cooling.|
|Cold drawn rod||980～1000℃, 1～2h, oil cooling +700～720℃, 16h, air cooling.|
|Ring blank||980～990℃, 1～2h, oil cooling +700～720℃, 16h, air cooling.|
|Cold drawing for cold heading||980～1000℃, water cooling or oil cooling +700～720℃, 16h, air cooling.|
Note: According to the standard of cold drawn rod and cold drawn wire, when the performance test fails, the aging time can be no more than 760℃ for 16h, and the product can be delivered after being qualified.
Application areas of nickel-based alloy incoloy A-286 (UNS S66286/W Nr.1.4980):
Industrial Nomenclatures: Incoloy A286 Superalloy, UNS S66286, W Nr. 1.4980, A286 stainless steel
Alloy A286 is an age hardenable material, suitable for applications demanding high strength and corrosion control up to 700℃ or 1290℉. Its corrosion resistance is similar to other Incoloy alloys. Nickel based super alloy A-286 can be used in the medium corrosion based applications. It can be made by AOD refining or vacuum induction melting. Alloy A286 has outstanding fabricability and good mechanical characteristics due to age hardenability. High ductility in notched parts and this alloy has excellent creeping strength in the prolong elevated temperature applications.
- Heating pipes, containers, baskets and chains used in sulfuric acid pickling plants.
- Sea water cooling heat exchanger, marine product pipeline system, acid gas environment pipeline.
- Heat exchanger, evaporator, washing, dip tube, etc. in phosphoric acid production.
- Air heat exchanger in petroleum refining.
- Food engineering, chemical process.
- Flame retardant alloy for high pressure oxygen application.
- Heat exchange tubes
- Pipe fittings
Variety specifications and supply status of Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy A-286 (UNS S66286/W Nr.1.4980):
Yaang Pipe Industry can produce various specifications of Incoloy A-286 seamless pipe, Incoloy A-286 steel plate, Incoloy A-286 round bar, Incoloy A-286 forgings, Incoloy A-286 flange, Incoloy A-286 pipe fittings, Incoloy A-286 welded pipe , Incoloy A-286 steel strip, Incoloy A-286 wire and supporting welding materials.
- Seamless pipe: solid solution + acid white, length can be set;
- Plate: solid solution, pickling, trimming;
- Welded pipe: solid solution acid white + RT% flaw detection;
- Forging: annealing + car polish; Bars are forged and rolled, surface polished or car polished;
- Strips are delivered after cold rolling, solid solution soft state, and deoxidized;
- Wire rods are finely ground in solid solution pickled disk or straight strips, solid solution straight strips Delivery in light state.
Source: China Incoloy A-286 Flanges Manufcturer – Yaang Pipe Industry (www.steeljrv.com)
(Yaang Pipe Industry is a leading manufacturer and supplier of nickel alloy and stainless steel products, including Super Duplex Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings, Stainless Steel Pipe. Yaang products are widely used in Shipbuilding, Nuclear power, Marine engineering, Petroleum, Chemical, Mining, Sewage treatment, Natural gas and Pressure vessels and other industries.)
If you want to have more information about the article or you want to share your opinion with us, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please notice that you might be interested in the other technical articles we’ve published:
- Super austenitic stainless steel: 254SMO (UNS S31254，F44，1.4547)
- Nickel Alloy: Hastelloy C-276 (UNS N10276)
- Nickel Alloy: Monel 400 (UNS N04400)
- Austenitic Stainless Steel: 904L (UNS N08904)
- Nickel Alloy: Nickel 200 (UNS N02200)/Nickel 201 (UNS N02201)
- Nickel-based super alloy: inconel 625 (UNS N06625/W.Nr. 2.4856)
- Nickel-based super alloy: hastelloy X (UNS NO6002/W.Nr 2.4665)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 800 (UNS N08800/W.Nr. 1.4876)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 800H (UNS N08810/W.Nr. 1.4958)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 825 (UNS N08825/W.Nr. 2.4858)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 20 (UNS N08020/DIN 2.4660)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 330 (UNS N08330/W.Nr. 1.4886)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 925 (Alloy 925/UNS N08925)
- Nickel-based super alloy: Incoloy 840 (Alloy 840/UNS S33400)