Storage conditions of sealing rings
What must be paid special attention to in the storage process of sealing ring?
Let’s talk to everyone today. During the storage of seals, the following aspects must be paid attention to:
- 1. Storage temperature. The storage temperature shall be less than 25 ℃ and 15 ℃ as far as possible. When the temperature exceeds 25 ℃, some types of damage are likely to accelerate, thereby reducing the shelf life. If the temperature is too low, the seal will harden. Deformation and damage such as extrusion, bending, torsion and embrittlement shall be strictly prevented during storage. Therefore, the storage temperature shall not be less than – 15 ℃. When the seal is removed from the ultra-low temperature for application, the temperature shall be slowly increased by 30 ℃ before use.
- 2. Prevent damp and cold. During storage, wet and cold shall be prevented, and the average ambient humidity shall not exceed 65%. It must be ensured that there is no condensate on the hydraulic seal ring.
- 3. Protect from sunlight. Sunlight will accelerate the aging of the sealing ring, especially in strong light with high ultraviolet component. The seal can be put into a sealed high-density polyethylene bag and stored in a cool place. Packaging is not suitable for polychloroprene raw materials.
- 4. Separate storage of different specifications, models and types. Different plastic particles are separated and packaged, and hydraulic sealing rings of different specifications and models are placed separately. Pay attention to the distribution of applications according to the sequence of production, so as to prevent the stock in the warehouse from exceeding the validity period. The seal shall be placed in a wide area to prevent stretching, shrinking, twisting or other forces. It is forbidden to stack, lift and pull the seals to prevent destructive deformation.
- 5. Do not touch moldy objects. During the whole storage process of seals, it is forbidden to touch with organic solvents, oils, lubricating grease and its semi-solid raw materials, as well as alloy or non-metallic materials that are likely to cause deterioration, such as copper, alloy copper, manganese, iron and some wood that is easy to metabolize epoxy resin.
- 6. Check carefully before use. For seals that have been stored for a period of time, check their appearance, size and plastic particle characteristics before application. If it fails to meet the requirements, it can not be used again.
- 7. Wash with soap solution or industrial methanol denatured alcohol, and then dry. The hydraulic sealing ring packaged and stored can be cleaned with soap solution or industrial methanol denatured alcohol and dried at indoor temperature. Do not soak in diesel oil. Do not dry on a heat source or with a blower.
What are the storage conditions for silicone sealing rings?
Under the influence of various external environmental factors such as deformation, oxygen, ozone, light, heat source, water, oil and chemical solvent, the silicone sealing ring may fail due to the change of its physical and chemical function, which may be fatal to the silicone operation. What should we pay attention to when storing silicone sealing rings?
The storage conditions of silicone sealing ring are as follows:
- Temperature: 5-25 ℃ is the storage temperature of ambition. Keep away from heat and sunlight. Seals removed from low temperature storage shall be placed before application at 20 ° C.
- Humidity: the relative humidity of the warehouse shall be less than 70 to prevent too wet or too dry and no condensation. In addition, the following equipment shall be prevented from being used in the warehouse: mercury lamp, high-voltage electrical appliance, motor, etc.
- Light protection: UV resistant packaging provides the best protection from sunlight and strong ultraviolet artificial light sources. Advocate that the windows of the warehouse be painted with red or orange paint or film.
- Radiation: prevent ionizing radiation from damaging seals.
- Oxygen and ozone: the rubber material shall prevent touching the circulating air. This can be achieved by packaging, packaging, storage in sealed containers, or other appropriate methods. Ozone is harmful to most elastomers.
- Deformation: rubber parts shall be placed freely as far as possible to prevent stretching, tightening or other deformation.
- Touch liquid or semi-solid substances: do not touch solvents, oils, greases or other semi-solid substances.
- Do not touch magnetic materials, cast iron, copper and its alloys or materials containing materials that may damage the rubber. Do not seal with PVC packing. Do not mix seals of different materials.
Four storage requirements for rubber sealing rings
The rubber sealing ring is affected by various external environmental factors, which requires us to pay more attention to the surrounding environmental conditions during storage. Next, our staff will explain the appropriate storage conditions of such products in detail, hoping to help you:
The storage conditions of rubber sealing rings shall comply with:
Avoid sunlight and strong artificial light sources containing ultraviolet rays. UV resistant bags provide protection. It is recommended that the windows of the warehouse be painted with red or orange paint or pasted with film.
Avoid damage to seals by ionizing radiation.
5-25 ℃ is an ideal storage temperature. Avoid contact with heat source and sunlight. Seals removed from low-temperature storage shall be placed in an environment of 20 ℃ before use.
Rubber parts shall be placed in a free state as far as possible to avoid tension, compression or other deformation.
Optimum storage conditions for rubber seals
Seals are usually used as spare parts and need to be stored for a long time. Under the influence of distortion, oxygen, ozone, light, heat source, humidity, oil or solvent, the O-ring may fail due to the change of its physical and chemical properties. The size, cleaning and maintenance of rubber seals are basically specified in DIN7716, ISO2230, DIN9088 and other standards. According to the category of materials, these standards give the provisions of storage conditions and recommended values of storage cycle. In order to maintain the physical and chemical properties of elastomers, please follow the following storage rules. The purpose of these principles is to maintain the most appropriate storage conditions:
- Temperature: 5 ℃ to 25 ℃ is the ideal storage temperature. Avoid contact with heat source and sunlight. For seals removed from low-temperature storage, they should be placed in the environment of 20 ℃ for a period of time before use.
- Humidity: the relative humidity of the warehouse shall be lower than 70%. Avoid being too wet or too dry, and condensation is not allowed.
- Illumination: avoid sunlight and strong artificial light sources containing ultraviolet rays. UV resistant bags provide the best protection. It is recommended that the windows of the warehouse be painted with red or orange paint or pasted with sunscreen film.
- Radiation: avoid damage to seals by ionizing radiation.
- Oxygen and ozone: rubber materials should avoid exposure to circulating air. This can be achieved by packaging, winding, storing in airtight containers or other suitable methods. Ozone is harmful to many elastomers. The following equipment should be avoided in the storage room: mercury vapor lamp, high-voltage electrical equipment, motor, equipment that will produce sparks or static electricity.
- Deformation: elastomer materials shall be placed in a free state as far as possible to avoid tension, compression or other deformation. If the elastomer in the original package is in a deformation free state, the original package shall be used as far as possible. Contact with liquid or semi-solid materials: rubber seals shall not contact solvents, grease, or other semi-solid materials (unless the manufacturer’s original packaging is so).
Contact with metallic or non-metallic materials: do not contact magnetic materials, cast iron, copper and alloys, or those materials containing materials that will damage rubber. PVC materials shall not be used to pack seals. Seals of different materials shall not be mixed together.
Cleaning: if necessary, the seal can be cleaned with soap and water. However, water is not allowed to contact fiber reinforced seals, rubber metal bonded seals and Au parts. Disinfectants, organic solvents and sharp edged tools are not allowed to be used. The cleaned seals shall be dried at room temperature and shall not be close to the heat source.
The storage life of seals is determined by the material category and storage conditions of rubber. Under the recommended storage conditions, the storage life of each material seal is as follows:
- Polyurethane and thermoplastic materials for 4 years
- Nitrile rubber, hydrogenated nitrile rubber and chloroprene rubber for 6 years
- Ethylene propylene rubber 8 years
- Fluororubber, silicone rubber and fluorosilicone rubber for 10 years
- Perfluorinated rubber 20 years
- Tetrafluoroethylene rubber indefinite
After the expiration of the above period, the characteristics of rafter rubber parts shall be checked before use, or they can be used for a period of time.
Source: China Sealing Ring Manufacturer – Yaang Pipe Industry (www.steeljrv.com)
(Yaang Pipe Industry is a leading manufacturer and supplier of nickel alloy and stainless steel products, including Super Duplex Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings, Stainless Steel Pipe. Yaang products are widely used in Shipbuilding, Nuclear power, Marine engineering, Petroleum, Chemical, Mining, Sewage treatment, Natural gas and Pressure vessels and other industries.)
If you want to have more information about the article or you want to share your opinion with us, contact us at email@example.com
Please notice that you might be interested in the other technical articles we’ve published:
- How to get high quality Gaskets
- How to install gaskets correctly
- A Simple Introduction to Graphite Gaskets
- What Are A, B, C, D , R, RIR, CG and CGI Types for Spiral Wound Gaskets
- What is a gasket
- What is a sealing ring
- What are gaskets