Use and maintenance of stainless steel elbows
A stainless steel elbow is a tube that is bent at an angle or curve, allowing the straight tube to be joined at an angle. The size and shape of the stainless steel elbows are completely dependent on the needs of the user.
The difference between the stainless steel elbow and the carbon steel elbow is mainly due to the difference in material. The chemical composition of the stainless steel will keep the surface of the elbow from rusting for a long time and will not be corroded. Stainless steel is usually made of a high proportion of Cr, Ni and other alloys on the basis of carbon steel, and the content ratio can reach more than 20%.
In a piping system, an elbow is a pipe that changes the direction of the pipe. According to the angle, there are three most commonly used 45° and 90°180°, and other abnormal angle elbows such as 60° are also included according to engineering needs.
Protective casting process measures for stainless steel elbows:
(1) The stainless steel elbow is protected by the long nozzle to enter the tundish liquid surface of the tundish. The middle bag is sealed and sealed, and the seal between the long nozzle and the intermediate cover is also required.
(2) Before the stainless steel elbow tundish is injected into the water, the middle package is filled with argon (nitrogen) for about 6 minutes to make the oxygen content in the package <2%.
(3) The water in the stainless steel elbow is protected by the alkaline slag, and argon (nitrogen) gas is blown during the entire casting process.
(4) The water in the stainless steel elbow enters the crystallizer through the immersion nozzle, and the water is sealed between the nozzle and the middle package.
(5) Water enters the crystallizer level and is protected with protective slag (top argon).
(6) With such protection, the oxygen content in the stainless steel elbow will remain the same or decrease.
Connection mode of stainless steel elbow:
The stainless steel elbow is a connecting pipe commonly used in pipe installation, connecting two pipes with the same or different nominal diameters.
The stainless steel elbow can make the pipeline turn at a certain angle. In the pipeline system, the stainless steel elbow is the pipe that changes the direction of the pipeline. The proportion of all the pipe fittings used in the piping system is the largest. Under normal circumstances, Different materials or wall thickness of stainless steel elbows choose different forming processes.
At present, the commonly used stainless steel elbow forming process has hot push, extrusion, etc. It can be divided into electric standard, water mark, American standard, German standard, Japanese standard, Russian standard, etc. by manufacturing standard.
The role of stainless steel elbows in the pipeline:
The elbow plays a role in changing the direction of the pipe fittings. We need to pay attention to the following aspects during the use.
1. Regular cleaning of stainless steel elbows is essential.
2, Ball valve, stop valve, gate valve use, only for full or full closure, do not allow to adjust the flow, so as to avoid erosion of the sealing surface, accelerate wear.
3. The installation environment of the stainless steel elbow should be kept dry, ventilated and clean.
The difference between the stainless steel elbow and the carbon steel elbow is mainly due to the difference in material. The chemical composition of the elbow will keep the surface of the elbow from rusting for a long time and will not be corroded.
Advantages of stainless steel elbows:
The stainless steel elbow is one of the elbow fittings, with different angles and content of elbows, fully demonstrating certain competitive advantages. The thin and strong oxide film on the stainless steel surface makes the stainless steel excellent in corrosion resistance in all water quality, and has excellent corrosion resistance even when buried.
Stainless steel elbows are suitable for all kinds of water quality. In addition to disinfection and sterilization, there is no need to control the water quality. At the same time, there is no corrosion and excessive exudates. It can keep the water pure and hygienic, eliminate secondary pollution, and can withstand up to 30 per second. The high water flow impact of the meter.
The stainless steel elbow has high joint strength and vibration resistance, and the joint is firmly fixed at one time, which avoids the possibility of looseness of the “live joint”. The construction is convenient and quick, avoiding the on-site welding operation and the threading operation, and the service life of the stainless steel elbow is long. . The field corrosion test data indicates that the service life of stainless steel elbows can reach 100 years, and the stainless steel elbows require almost no maintenance. Therefore, the performance price ratio is very good, the operating life cost is low, and the economic benefits are remarkable.
Stainless steel elbows are extremely easy to install on site. The installation takes only 1/3 of the welded pipe fittings or the threading, which shortens the construction period and cost and avoids the leakage. Elbows are controlled and used according to certain methods and principles in connection. They have good installation characteristics and value, and need to be used in a certain way.
Stainless steel elbows are used and promoted in different fields and industries to ensure the safety and non-polluting of water quality and to play an important role in different places. Excellent mechanical and physical properties.
The stainless steel elbow has the characteristics of reliable connection, safe and convenient construction, good hygienic and environmental protection performance, small flow pressure loss, strong system compatibility, can be installed and concealed, free of renewal and maintenance, superior economic performance and wide application range. It is suitable for low-pressure fluid transportation of cold water, direct drinking water, heating, air conditioning, fire fighting, gas and other civil low-pressure fluids. It can also be used for low-pressure fluid transportation in medicine, beverage, food, chemical and other industries.
Stainless steel elbows can be used in different fields. Good features and advantages promote continuous promotion and progress, and fully demonstrate good value and function without compromising the value of construction.
Knowledge of the use and maintenance of stainless steel elbows:
In the process of home decoration, stainless steel elbows are used and maintained in a correct and reasonable way, which can prolong the service life. According to the experience of relevant people, the following matters are as follows:
1. Ball valve of stainless steel elbow, stop valve, gate valve only when fully open or fully closed, do not allow to adjust the flow, so as to avoid erosion of the sealing surface and accelerate wear. The gate valve and the upper thread stop valve have a reverse sealing device, and the hand wheel is screwed to the uppermost position to prevent the medium from leaking from the packing.
Second, long-term storage of stainless steel elbows should be checked on schedule, often the exposed surface must be kept clean, remove dirt, neatly stored in a place where the room is airy and dry, no stacking or open storage. Always keep the stainless steel elbow dry and ventilated, keep the cleaner clean and tidy, and store it according to the exact storage method.
3. When installing, the stainless steel elbow can be directly installed on the pipeline according to the connection mode, and installed according to the position used. Under normal circumstances, it can be installed at any position of the pipeline, but it is easy to check the operation. Keep in mind that the flow direction of the stainless steel elbow should be upward from the longitudinal valve. The stainless steel elbow can only be installed horizontally. Stainless steel elbows should be carefully sealed during installation to prevent leakage and affect the normal operation of the pipeline.
The difference between stainless steel elbows and bends:
The elbow is a kind of connecting pipe commonly used in pipeline installation. It connects two pipes with the same or different nominal diameters to make the pipe turn at a certain angle. Elbows can be classified according to production process, bending degree, material, connection method, etc.
A pipe bend, in addition to a pipe fitting for connection, also refers to a processing method. The pipe bend is to bend the straight pipe through processing means to achieve the purpose of changing the flow direction of the pipe. The production process and the finished product are called pipe bends. Since the bent pipe is processed by a straight pipe, there is a problem of uneven thickness. However, the pipe bend can be made on site according to the needs and can be made into a special angle.
The elbow only has the curved part of the pipe; the elbow includes a straight pipe at both ends in addition to the curved portion, and also refers to a processing method.
Stainless steel elbows are relatively short compared to elbows. R = 1 to 2 times is the elbow, and the larger multiple is called the pipe bend. In the production process, the cold-bent pipe can be bent with a ready-made straight pipe bending machine, and the secondary completion does not require secondary corrosion protection. But the elbow should be customized by the manufacturer, to be anti-corrosion, and the ordering period is long. The price of the pipe bend is higher than that of the elbow, but the cost performance is much higher than that of the elbow. The pipe bend is not treated with anti-corrosion treatment is well known, but it is used in many projects that are not very demanding because of the low price.
- 1, Different production process: In the manufacturing process of the pipe bend, the cold-bending pipe bend can be made by using a pipe and directly bent by a pipe bending machine. The pipe bend can be produced in one time, and the secondary anti-corrosion is not required, but the elbow should be customized by the manufacturer. Anti-corrosion, long ordering period.
- 2, The price is different: The price of the elbow is lower than that of the pipe bend, but the price/performance ratio is much lower than that of the elbow. If the pipe bend without anti-corrosion treatment is easily damaged, everyone knows that I don’t say it, but because it is cheap. In some projects where the requirements are not very high, there are many uses.
- 3, R radius: The bending radius of the pipe bend is usually larger than the elbow; the mechanical strength per unit area of the elbow is usually greater than that of the pipe bend. In use, you can choose according to your needs. For example, in order to deal with the flushing of the pipeline fluid to the turning, the thick-walled elbow can be selected to achieve the purpose of erosion resistance; the large-radius pipe bend can also be used to reduce (disperse) the flushing force. The R radius of the elbow is the specified value, that is, there are parameter values in the standard. For example, the 10″ long radius elbow R is 381mm, the short radius is 254mm, and the elbow is different, the same 10″ pipe bend as long as R ≥3D as long as the pipe is long enough, such as 3D10″R is 762mm, as long as it is the actual working conditions, 800mm 1000mm 1005mm can be customized.
- 4, Different application scope: Elbows and elbows can be used in open areas. Only the cost is considered. The bends can be cold-bent, and the elbows need to be hot. Of course, the pipe bends are expensive. Sometimes elbows must be used in narrow sections, such as stone section trenches, because the radius of curvature of the elbow is small, generally 6D, and the pipe bend is 40D. At the construction site of the construction site, whether the elbow or the pipe bend is used, not only the price of the elbow and the pipe bend should be considered, but also the place where it is used. A large radius bend can also be used to reduce (disperse) the flushing force.
Source: China Stainless Steel Elbows Manufacturer – Yaang Pipe Industry Co., Limited (www.steeljrv.com)
(Yaang Pipe Industry is a leading manufacturer and supplier of nickel alloy and stainless steel products, including Super Duplex Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings, Stainless Steel Pipe. Yaang products are widely used in Shipbuilding, Nuclear power, Marine engineering, Petroleum, Chemical, Mining, Sewage treatment, Natural gas and Pressure vessels and other industries.)
If you want to have more information about the article or you want to share your opinion with us, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please notice that you might be interested in the other technical articles we’ve published: