What is a Pipe Tee
Pipe Tee is a type of pipe fitting which is T-shaped having two outlets, at 90° to the connection to the main line. It is a short piece of pipe with a lateral outlet. Pipe Tee is used to connect pipelines with a pipe at a right angle with the line. Pipe Tees are widely used as pipe fittings. They are made of various materials and available in various sizes and finishes. Pipe tees are extensively used in pipeline networks to transport two-phase fluid mixtures.
Using a pipe tee, a plumber is able to combine the flow of two separate pipes into a single line. He may also divide a single supply line so that it flows to two different areas. For example, a pipe tee can be used at the main water supply line in a home to direct some water to the bathroom and some to the kitchen. It may also be used in the home’s wastewater system, where it joins two separate sewer lines into a single main drain line that can tie into a municipal drainage pipe. In industrial applications, a pipe tee can join two pipes carrying different liquids, which blends the two materials into a single stream as they flow to their final destination.
What should buyers consider for bulk purchase of pipe tees?
- Stainless steel
- Carbon steel
- Cast iron
- Polypropylene etc.
Finishes on Pipe Tees:
Pipe Tees are available in various finishes. Some common finishes are like:
- Galvanized finish
- Nickel plated
- Black cast
- White coating
- Gold finish
- Electroplated etc.
- There are three female openings in a T shaped pipe tee.
- There are straight pipe tees which have the same size openings.
- Reducing pipe tees have one opening of different size and two openings of the same size.
- There are sanitary pipe tees which are used in waste lines. These kind of pipe tees have a curved branch which is designed for a clean out plug. They are used to prevent obstruction of waste.
- A cross pipe tee has four equal sized female openings.
- A wing pipe tee has lugs to fasten the fitting to a wall or stud.
- A compression pipe tee uses compression fittings on two or more ends.
- A test pipe tee has a threaded opening. This opening is used in conjunction with a threaded plug for a clean-out opening on a drain pipe.
- Chemical processing
- Waste treatment
- Utilities/power generation
- Industrial equipment
- Gas compression and distribution industries
Pipe Tees are also recommended for industrial plant fluid power systems.