What is a reducing elbow
Reducing Elbow is a kind of elbow setting that provides a change in the material flow and joins two pieces of different pipes or tubes. It helps the system to avoid pressure losses due to re-acceleration and friction. It is named so as it designed like an elbow. It has different sized openings depending on the sizes of the connecting pipes. To choose an appropriate Reducing Elbow, one must look into some features like materials, sizes and also the angles of their formation.
A Reducing Elbow is designed in a way such that it is turned at an angle of 90 degrees and 45 degrees. Most of the elbows are present in short radius or long radius. The short radius is used in pressurized systems whereas long elbows are used in low-pressure gravity fed systems. With increasing demand, they are available in a wide range of diverse materials, colors, finishes, and sizes.
- 90° reducing elbow
- 45° reducing elbow
- 135° reducing elbow
- 180° reducing elbow etc.
Materials used are as follows:
- Stainless steel
- Cast Iron
- Silicone etc.
What buyers should look for?
- Usually healthy and non-toxic, free of stain and scale
- High temperature resistance
- High pressure resistance
- Hot welding connection adopted
- Leakage effectively prevented
- Excellent heat insulation property
- Light weight, easy to handle and transport
- Smooth inner wall which reduces the pressure loss and increases the flow speed
- Low noise
- Excellent design, suitable for installation either exposed or hidden
- Wonderful ability in chemical corrosion resistance
- Easy and fast installation
- Hot and cold water supply facilities for public buildings
- Chemical, food, electronic industrial pipeline networks like pipeline networks for transporting all kinds of corrosive liquid
- Pipeline networks for drinking water production system such as pure water and mineral water
- Pipeline for air conditioning networks
- Compressed gas pipeline facility for industry
- Pipeline network for swimming pool
- Pipeline network for solar energy facility
- Agriculture production transporting system