Why does the steam pipeline need a pressure reducing valve for pressure reduction
When the steam is output from the boiler by high pressure and then transmitted to the steam consumption point of each equipment, pressure reduction control is usually carried out. Why does steam need to be depressurized? The main reasons are as follows:
- 1. The boiler usually produces high-pressure steam, which can reduce the size of the boiler, reduce the occurrence of wet steam, improve the dryness of steam and carry out long-distance transportation.
- 2. Due to the change of steam density, the steam density is high at high pressure. The high-pressure steam that can be transported by the pipeline with the same diameter is greater than the low-pressure steam. The use of high-pressure steam transmission will reduce the pipeline size and save the cost.
- 3. Condensation will occur when the steam is used. The steam after decompression reduces the pressure of the condensate to avoid the loss caused by flash steam when the condensate is discharged. The energy loss of the condensate discharged under low pressure is small.
- 4. Since the temperature and pressure of saturated steam are corresponding, pressure reducing valves will be installed in the sterilization process and the surface temperature control of paper dryer to control the pressure, so as to control the temperature of process equipment.
- 5. The process equipment has its own design pressure. When the supplied steam pressure exceeds the demand of the process system, it needs to be depressurized. When some systems use high-pressure condensate to produce low-pressure flash steam, so as to achieve the purpose of energy saving. When the flash steam generated is insufficient, it is necessary to generate low-pressure steam supplement through the pressure reducing valve.
- 6. The steam load of the boiler can be reduced because the enthalpy of steam is high at low pressure. The enthalpy value is 1839kj/kg at 2.5MPa and 2014kj/kg at 1.0MPa. Therefore, low-pressure steam is more suitable for equipment.
For the use of steam pressure reducing valve, users are particularly concerned about how to use it well and how to meet the actual needs of application equipment. First, we need to understand the basic categories of steam pressure reducing valves and their advantages and disadvantages.
Source: Network Arrangement – China Valves Manufacturer – Yaang Pipe Industry Co., Limited (www.steeljrv.com)
(Yaang Pipe Industry is a leading manufacturer and supplier of nickel alloy and stainless steel products, including Super Duplex Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings, Stainless Steel Pipe. Yaang products are widely used in Shipbuilding, Nuclear power, Marine engineering, Petroleum, Chemical, Mining, Sewage treatment, Natural gas and Pressure vessels and other industries.)
If you want to have more information about the article or you want to share your opinion with us, contact us at email@example.com